Sunday, February 17, 2013

Observe and Report

The majority of the shops that I complete are unrevealed. This means that when I enter the shop the employees DON'T know that I am mystery shopping. This means that I cannot take my input forms in with me to write down what I see and hear. I have to observe, remember and report what I see. Sometimes I take notes in my phone, especially at restaurant shops where I have to time each section of the meal(how long for drinks, to get the meal, etc....), but most of the time I just make a point of remembering names and descriptions. When I get to my car after the shop, I answer the questions and write the notes down that I need.

Since many shops are at gas stations, I have found that I am always observing even when I am not doing a shop. I notice if the windshield washing equipment is present, if the pump is clean and if the credit card applications are at the pump. I also notice name tags wherever I go. I also notice if menu boards are dirty, if bathrooms are stocked, and if the store/restaurant is clean!

When I first started mystery shopping, I really worried if I could remember everything, but now I don't. I do make a point of repeating someones name in my head when I have to remember it for later. I also take mental notes of everything I see and a description of the person. After a while, it just become habit and you don't have to work as hard to remember the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment